Which comes first ~ the chicken or the egg?
How can you write an awesome social media marketing plan before being successful at social media marketing? How do you get to be successful at social media marketing without an awesome plan?
Simple: Ask someone who’s done it already.
This series of articles is written just for you ~ if you work in the Third Sector, want to create a Social Media Marketing Plan for a social enterprise, a more-than-profit company or a community organisation.
If you’re just in the business of selling more stuff to more people, this is still an excellent series of articles, but not for you.
I am going to provide you with a structured set of easy to follow techniques, processes, components and insights for social media to help you with your social media marketing planning.
With my help, you’re going to write an absolutely awesome Social Media Marketing Plan.
You’ll sleep well tonight knowing you did all the right things in the right order.
I specifically wrote this as a free “How-To”, so that you can developed your own structured approach, quickly, easily, inexpensively and avoid all the ‘fast-track’, ‘short-cut’, to-good-to-be-true CSR ‘snake-oil’ being pushed on the Internet these days.
This series is written as a simple step-by-step process and will help you understand how to put an effective social media marketing plan together to promote your cause, products and services. The guiding principle is to develop a holistic approach to social media marketing which, when applied correctly, will also help you leverage the power of social media to add perceived value to your cause.
This is quite a short series of articles ~ a quick read. I’ve kept it short intentionally, so you don’t have to read a whole book just to find out the basics of what you need to know. I have tried to filter out all the background noise and show you just what you need to know in order to get your own social media marketing program up an running as quickly as possible.
Social Media Marketing Plan
The planning stages are organised as follows:
- An introduction to social media marketing
- Introduction to the 10-step social media marketing plan model
- In-depth discussion of each of the 10 steps
- Each step is finalised with action items and deliverables
And best of all, when you get to the end of this ten part series you will have your very own social media marketing plan prepared and ready to go.
This series of articles is designed for stakeholders in small to medium Third Sector, social enterprise, more-than-profit companies and community organisations who want to know how social media can add value to their marketing, and get to learn about all the components of a successful social media marketing program.
Its also intended for Leaders and Founders to find their own role in mentoring, guiding and driving the necessary changes through their whole organisation, which will ultimately make their social media marketing program an unprecedented success.
Objectives of the series
The objectives of this series are to enable the Third Sector, social enterprise, more-than-profit companies and community organisation stakeholders to achieve the following:
- Better understanding of marketing using social media
- Better results with social media marketing
- Cut through all the social media marketing noise level from the CSR ‘snake-oil’ salesmen
- Differentiate between all the ‘fast-track’, ‘short-cut’, to-good-to-be-true marketing, and a step-by-step, methodical approach to social media marketing
- Obtain a better return on Investment (ROI) for you marketing budget
- Proactively manage all social media activities within the organisation in an organised and goal-oriented way
- The effective allocation of available resources to social media marketing
- Improve the confidence of stakeholders in their social media marketing ability
- A reduction of risk associated with social media activities and your organisation
- Your own fully actionable and optimised social media marketing plan
The series is designed in such a way that from time to time you will see additional subject toggles like this…
Each issue will also be published as a PDF file and will also be available for download. In the end the complete series will be published in one volume. If you prefer you can read it online or download it to your PC.
By the way ~ I am depending on you to let me know if I have achieved the objectives I have set for myself.
Please let me know in the comments below or write to me and tell me if/how it addresses what your struggling with, of course, but perhaps even more importantly, let me know if it doesn’t, what’s missing or how it can be expanded to help you specifically.
I look forward to hearing from you. Let me know.