I am committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. If you are asked to provide information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Information I collect
I may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What I do with the information I gather
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- I may use the information to improve this products and services.
- I may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, I may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- I may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- I may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing me at tere[Click]@socialstrategy.co.uk
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so.
I may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which I think you may find interesting if you tell me that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which I hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to tere[Click]@socialstrategy.co.uk
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email me as soon as possweble at the above address. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
UK Cookie Law
On 26th May 2011, new laws came into force in the UK that affect most web sites. If cookies are used in a site the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (UK Regulations) provide that certain information must be given to that site’s visitors and the user must give his or her consent to the placing of the cookies.
Cookies Are In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
This cookies help me:
- Make this website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve this website for you
- Make this marketing more efficient (ultimately helping mw to offer the service I do at the price I do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies I use below
Website Function Cookies
- Determine if you are logged in or not
- Allow you to add comments to this site
NB: There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use this site.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “like” or share this content on sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn I have included sharing buttons on this site.
Cookies are set by:
- Facebook – Facebook Data Use Policy
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
- Google Analytics – Safeguarding Your Data
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither me, advertisers or advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. I only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards such as http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/goodpractice.html
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can also opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although I would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free.
It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you stop seeing adverts ~ just simply that they will be less appropriate as they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies.
Depending on which browser you use, more information on how to make the adjustment is available here:
For further information on dealing with cookies why not check out About cookies and how to disable them.
Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of using this website, and a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser altogther you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
At Wikipedia you can learn about anti-spyware software and the different programs available to help you.
SOCIALSTRATEGY | 12-04-2011